Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lil' Surprise (Chicken Bolognese)

I just found out I didn't know how to spell the word '' bolognese'' I still had to google it (grinning). A little bit of information here from Wikipedia. 

Bolognese sauce (ragù alla bolognese in Italian, also known by its French name sauce bolognaise) is a meat-based sauce for pasta originating in Bologna, Italy. Bolognese sauce is sometimes taken to be a tomato sauce, but many recipes have only a small amount of tomato concentrate.

I made this simple recipe to surprise Dave on our 25th monthsary that is June 15, 2011. I failed to have photos taken because I was in a rush ( we still had to work). So I decided to cook it one more time on June 18th since I still have some pasta and sauce left. I woke up very early, 5.30am to be exact to prepare the ingredients. I took photos using my reliable camera phone.

 It didn't take me too long to prepare since I already have the ready made chicken bolognese sauce. I added flavor to it by sauteing minced garlic and onion,slices of chicken franks and put a spoonful condensed milk, cheese slices and tomato sauce to enhance the taste. 
 Pasta is ready! Cooked Al dente! 

 Poured some Chicken Bolognese sauce. And for cheesynesss' sake, I got the idea of slicing the cheese to 'I heart you' short cut. I think I did a pretty good job here. (giggling)
When Dave arrived to pick me up that morning, I asked him to share breakfast with me.When he saw what I prepared he was touched, and I think he forgot our monthsary haha but still was very appreciative.He really really liked it. Since pasta dishes specially spaghetti is one of his favourites. Well, actually when he sees food he always say that haha. This guy has such a big appetite. Happy 25th monthsary mahal ko! I love you so much!

Ingredients:

* Ready made bolognese sauce
* minced garlic and onions
*sliced cheeses
* 1 tablespoon of condensed milk
* two regular hotdogs/chicken franks
* one tablespoon tomato sauce/catsup
*pasta (cooked as per instructions on packaging)

Enjoy!