They are delicious, soft, moist and very easy to make. You don’t need to buy banana muffins again!
Ingredients: (makes 12 muffins)
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 large egg
1/3 cup of melted butter
½ cup sugar ( I like brown sugar)
5-6 very ripe bananas, mashed (lakatan)
1) Preheat oven in 155°C. Depending on your oven, mine is quite new so it’s very hot even in that temperature. The original recipe called for 170°C and when I first baked it, the bottoms were burnt. So the key is actually knowing your oven.
2) Mix the dry ingredients (flour,baking soda, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
3) Mix the remaining wet ingredients in separate bowl. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together just until blended, please don’t over mix the batter or you will have dense muffins. The batter should still be lumpy.
4) Pour into you greased muffin pan or muffin cups if you have. I normally don’t use muffin cups since we just consume them at home.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy them warm or cool. I prefer them cooled down.
· Freeze over ripe bananas and thaw them before mashing to take all the sweet juices
· You can also throw in some choco chips, walnuts or both!
· I have tried putting grated carrots and they were very good, extra nutritious muffins!
· If butter is unavailable, you can use cooking oil. I tried it once and muffins were still delicious
· Over ripe bananas can be very cheap at wet markets and sometimes vendors just give it away so go grab them ;)