This is the second part of the easy desserts that is being incorporated with ripe and sweet mangoes.
I was inspired to make this dessert after watching a local cooking show in the Philippines, and as far as i can remember I didn't list the ingredients, I just bought the ones I think would be needed. I used powdered mango juice as an alternative to add color, would have been better if mango puree was used.
- a can of condensed milk
- one small can of evaporated milk
- cups of crushed Grahams
- brown sugar
- powdered gelatin
- powdered mango juice (Tang)
- Ripe mangoes
* I can't remember the quantities anymore (again). I actually just estimated the ingredients since I didn't list anything from the show.
1) For the Crust - Melt the butter. Add to the crushed Grahams until it becomes a bit wet. Add sugar.Depends on how sweet you want to be. [Mine was overly sweet that time. Dadi even joked at me and said '' Di ka masyadong sweet na girl, ang sweet sweet mo'' :D. He was referring to my dessert that has a very sweet crust.] Put in the refrigerator to set.
2) Boil water and add the powdered gelatin (or the gelatin bars). Stir continuously. Pour in condensed and evaporated milk to add texture. I estimated mine that day. And was always conscious of the sweetness. I tasted it every now and then.
3) Stir into the mixture in low heat mango juice in powder to add some color and flavours too.
4) Let it set for a while for about a minute and pour it into the crust that is in the pyrex pan.
5) Before it hardens, incorporate some freshly sliced (or diced) mangoes. Chill in the refrigerator until its firm and ready to eat. Enjoy!
|Here it is!|
|Decadent Mango Mousse - Xen's Style|
This was made one weekend with the Alcids ;)